Saturday 27 September 2014

Fall Essentials: Rain


Good Afternoon Everyone!

Despite the weather today being warm and sunny with no clouds in the sky. It was just yesterday that clouds rolled in, temperatures dropped, the wind picked up, and it started to rain. What is life Canada, what is life?

That being said it is that time of the year where fashion changes, we start to wear more clothing, Sperry's turn into boots and t-shirts get layered under flannels and sweaters.

Before the weather changes too too much, I thought I would post about what I think everyone should have in their closet for this time of year. Enjoy!

1. A Wind- Breaker

It doesn't matter where your wind break comes from and long as it is waterproof and protects you against the wind.

My personal favourite brand is Arc'teryx. While these may be on the pricier side, I am a firm believer that investing in good quality pieces that will last for years is the best, most affordable strategy.

Wind- Breakers are important because of their functionality. While the trendy, military inspired cotton jacket looks cute and keeps you warm when the sun is shining it will not keep you warm when there is wind and rain.



2. Rain Boots

Any rain boots will do, but my favourite are Hunters. No particular rhyme or reason as to why I like them so much.... It may have to do with the fact that they are a part of my universities "uniform" so it is conditioned into me to wear Hunters... That being said, any pair of rain boots will suffice; as long as they are comfy and keep your feet dry.






3. Parapluie aka Umbrella and a Water Resistant Bag.

Umbrellas are uber important yes, but no one ever thinks about a water proof bag. People water proof their bags by: wrapping their computers in garbage bags, wearing the ever cute garbage bag 'poncho', and by doing my all time favourite, plain staying inside. However, there is a solution to this issue. Armed with an Umbrella, a Rain Jacket, Rain Boots, and a Water Resistant Bag and you are set.
The Longchamp Le Pillage bag in Nylon is the perfect solution. They are for sure on the pricey side, but in terms of protecting my laptop it's mostly worth it... a garbage bag will however do the exact same job.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Please let me know what you think in the comments below!
Also, don't forget to follow us on twitter and instagram!

xoxo Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment